Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 80

Thread: Favorite Region D match-up?

  1. #41
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    Guys, we lost our entire starting lineup from last year's squad, but alas here we are again at regions with a very young squad. This is a credit to the program at Kelly, Coach Dotson, and our tradition of excellence. Most teams would say this is gravy in a rebuilding year, yet at JJK, we are thinking about making another run.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #42
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    Yeah, they were very good. A lot of Region D teams were tough in that time frame. Much like the eastern side of the state was in boys at that time.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #43
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    I believe they are pretty evenly matched.

    Haysi was 18-4 as of last week. St. Paul is 21-3.

    If it is an all LPD girls final, I see nothing wrong with that.

    Let the best team win!



    [ QUOTE ]
    Well, if Haysi, and SP are evenly matched, I am afraid it will be an all LPD final then.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  4. #44
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    That's gotta be a joke. Thanks, I really needed the laugh. I had to wipe tears away from laughing so hard just to be able to type! I have said all along, this is the year to beat us. This Kelly team has a slew of sophs and freshmen. You may rest assured that JJK will be Region D champion very soon [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  5. #45
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    Records don't mean much if you haven't played any competition. I am not knocking Haysi, because I know they have been there, and return a lot. I also have not seen Haysi play.

    As for SP, they haven't played anyone OOC, period. Their an okay team, but I don't see them getting past GC, and that wouldn't be close IMO.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #46
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    You probably summed up the main reason why I'm uncertain of the Lady Indians winning the Region D this year.

    Watching them play Gate City last week, the same thought kept going through my mind, "this team has potential but doesn't have the maturity yet to win at the next level (Region)."

    If the Lady Indians can pull off an upset, I say more power to them. But they have some stiff competition ahead of them, not the least of which could be a re-match with Gate City.

    [ QUOTE ]
    Guys, we lost our entire starting lineup from last year's squad, but alas here we are again at regions with a very young squad. This is a credit to the program at Kelly, Coach Dotson, and our tradition of excellence. Most teams would say this is gravy in a rebuilding year, yet at JJK, we are thinking about making another run.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  7. #47
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    Personally, I think it will be a Haysi/GC final. After seeing more of this talk about JJK, I don't know if they can beat the Lady Tigers. Although that should be the tougher bracket. The Lady Devs should cruise in the other bracket.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #48
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    Again, the door is wide open for any team.

    If this is Rye Cove's year, then it has to start with JJ Kelly, Tuesday night.

    [ QUOTE ]
    Records don't mean much if you haven't played any competition. I am not knocking Haysi, because I know they have been there, and return a lot. I also have not seen Haysi play.

    As for SP, they haven't played anyone OOC, period. Their an okay team, but I don't see them getting past GC, and that wouldn't be close IMO.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  9. #49
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    I don't think this is RC's year, but it would be nice. They are on the peak of an upswing though, with some very nice talent in the ninth, and 8th grades.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #50
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    If Rye Cove really is a better team than a 21-3 St. Paul team, then I think they should at least make it to the semi-finals. I'm looking forward to seeing them play.

    Speaking of younger talent, the only LPD championship Gate City didn't win this year was girls' JV. Norton beat Gate City. This could be a team to watch in the next few years.

    [ QUOTE ]
    I don't think this is RC's year, but it would be nice. They are on the peak of an upswing though, with some very nice talent in the ninth, and 8th grades.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •